SKEANIE Natural Rubber Gumboot Care
How to look after your SKEANIE Kids Gumboots.
Natural rubber has similar properties to leather. Please ensure the care instructions below are followed:
* Never use the edge of a step, or the toe of the alternate boot to push boots off your feet. This may result in heel spitting.
* Rinse boots thoroughly after every use. Wipe/sponge your wellies and allow them to dry naturally.
* Only use mild detergent. Never use solvents on your gumboots.
* Store in a cool, dry, dark place and never store boots whilst still damp.
* Do not leave or store your natural rubber gumboots outside.
* Avoid storage near sources of artificial heat or direct sunlight. Exposure to these elements will cause cracking and the colour to fade.
* Do not store boots folded or creased.
* Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight may contribute to drying out and stiffening of rubber. This will result in splitting.
Please note that wear and tear is not considered to be a fault of the product. It is in the very nature of Gumboots that they will end up WORN OUT. We cannot guarantee that your boots will last a whole season or last more than one season. They are often used in muddy puddles, on farms, on rough soft fall in playgrounds and we have even seen heels and the top of boots used as a brake when scooting - all of which inevitably result in scratches and holes.