Cotton Baby Sleeping Bags. Sizes 0 to 6 Years.
CHOOSING A BAG THAT IS JUST RIGHT
Sizing is important when choosing a sleeping bag for your baby. This is why we produce a variety of sizes which should see them safe and snug whilst sleeping. The ideal temperature for your babies' bedroom is 18°C. Always check that your baby is not too hot or too cold. An efficient way of doing this is by placing your hand between their shoulder blades - they should feel warm, not hot.
TOGS & TEMPERATURES
Tog is the European warmth rating of bedding used to guide parents in purchasing the correct weight sleeping bag for each season.
0.5 TOG - Sleeveless, unpadded bag. Suitable for temperatures above 20°C. Wear with a short sleeve summer romper.
1.0 TOG - Long sleeve, unpadded bag. Suitable for rooms from 18°C to 22°C. Team with a short sleeve summer romper
2.5 TOG - Sleeveless, padded bag. Suitable for rooms from 16°C to 18°C. Combine with long sleeve romper or pyjama set.
3.0 TOG - Long sleeve, padded bag. Suitable for cooler climates and rooms that are below 16°C. Combine with a long sleeve, light-weight romper or pyjama set.
HOW TO SLEEP YOUR BABY SAFELY
- Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side
- Sleep baby with face uncovered (no doonas, pillows, lambs wool, bumpers or soft toys)
- Avoid exposing babies to tobacco smoke before and after birth
- Provide a safe sleeping environment (safe cots, safe mattress, safe bedding)
- Sleep baby in their own, safe sleeping environment next to the parents bed for the first six to twelve months of their lives.
These are recommendations are based on the average seasonal temperatures. You will soon discover the best level of nightwear to suit your baby and temperature of the room.
Above information sourced from Sids and Kids - www.sidsandkids.org